THE MISSION OF THE STAND UP FOR DEMOCRACY COALITION IS TO OBTAIN FULL DEMOCRACY FOR .ALL RESIDENTS OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WITH EQUAL RIGHTS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION AND HUMAN RIGHTS CONSISTENT WITH INTERNATIONAL LAW, AND TO PROMOTE GOOD GOVERNANCE FOR THE WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE. WE PROTEST:
- Stripping democracy from District of Columbia residents.
- Taking power from our elected officials including the District of Columbia Delegate, the Mayor, the District of Columbia Council and the Board of Education.
- Imposing the Control Board, the Chief Financial Officer, the Emergency Transitional Education Board of Trustees and the Chief Management Officer.
- Taxation without representation.
- Denving our right to tax all income earned in the District of Columbia.
- Ending the federal payment, which partially compensated theDistrict of Columbia for use of its services and for tax exemptions on property and non-profits.
- Changing the District of Columbia's criminal code without the consent of the governed.
- The disregard of our long-standing petition for Statehood.
The Stand Up for Democracy Coalition meets every Tuesday at the
National Council of Negro Women
633 Pennsylvania. Ave. NW at 6:30 pm.
Phone & fax: 202-232-2500